Skincare Specifics: Eye Skincare
In this article :
Best Anti-Aging Eye Skincare For Your Delicate Under Eye Skin
As you age, the thin, fragile skin under your eyes is easily affected. Because there’s very little soft tissue like fat or muscle under your eye and the skin itself is covering the hollow space of the eye socket, it’s very vulnerable to age-related changes.
So, how do you care for this special, delicate skin under your eye? From eye patches to serums, we’ve got the guide to preventing and treating signs of aging around your eyes.
What are the signs of aging around your eyes? What are common eye area skin issues?
Classic signs of aging for your eyes include:
- dark circles,
- hyperpigmentation puffiness and eye bags
- fine lines and wrinkles loose skin
What are the best active ingredients to combat signs of aging around your eyes?
Look for these ingredients to prevent and treat signs of aging for the skin around your eyes:
- Niacinamide - treats hyperpigmentation and brightens dark circles, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyaluronic acid - powerful anti-aging ingredient that minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
- Caffeine - to reduce puffiness
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 - the “firming peptide” to address loose skin Adenosine - minimize fine lines and wrinkles
How to apply skincare products around the eye area
When you apply your eye skincare products, be gentle as the skin around the eyes is delicate.
- Use your pinky finger to gently apply the product around your eye area.
- Pat the product into the skin surrounding your eye area. Don’t forget the upper eyelid!
- Continue to pat until all the product has been absorbed. Try not to rub, tug, or pull on the skin as you go!
How do I prevent or treat signs of aging around my eyes?
Preventing and treating signs of aging around your eyes is all about moisture, hydration and nutrients. FRANZ offers targeted solutions specifically for this delicate skin.
Eye Care Products
When you want targeted care specifically for your under eye skin.
What is the Wrinkle Away RED Microcurrent Dual Eye Mask?
These eye patches are a wake-up call for your eyes. Using the same power of Tissue X™ microcurrent technology used in all our FRAN masks, this eye mask treatment is clinically proven tightened and toned skin, all while delivering healing ingredients 6x deeper, for mega hydration and nutrients to protect against further damage.
Key Ingredients of our Wrinkle Away RED Microcurrent Dual Eye Mask:
- Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate: FRANZ's absorption enhancement technology, these ultra-micro molecules are absorbed much deeper into skin while giving the same benefits as your average hyaluronic acid. Up to 2600x smaller than your average hyaluronic acid, this hydrophilic (water-loving) ingredient helps retain moisture, reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, and creates a skin-plumping effect—all while delivering anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: “The firming peptide” that helps restore volume, bounce, and elasticity of skin, resulting in younger-looking skin.
- Adenosine: derived from yeast, Adenosine is well-known for its anti-aging properties that help restore a smoother, more youthful skin complexion. It’s proven to effectively decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
How do I use the Wrinkle Away RED Microcurrent Dual Eye Mask?
- Apply the enriching wet eye patch to your cleansed face just under your eyes, close to the lash line.
- Take the dry eye patch out of its pouch. Add Boosting Essence to the flat back of the two ion cells on each side of the dry mask. This activates the microcurrents of the dry eye patch.
- Place the dry eye patch ON TOP of the wet eye patch. Pat gently with your fingers to make sure the two masks are sealed tightly.
- Relax for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove both masks and gently massage your skin.
How often do I use the Wrinkle Away RED Microcurrent Dual Eye Mask?
Use twice a week for the first two weeks and then use once a week for continued maintenance. Or use as needed for an extra boost of treatment on big days.
What is Botalin Age Repair Eye Serum?
A serious multi-tasking eye serum that eliminates dark spots, protects against first signs of aging around the eyes and brightens dark circles.
Key Ingredients of our Botalin Age Repair Eye Serum
- Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate: FRANZ's absorption enhancement technology, these ultra-micro molecules are absorbed much deeper into skin for foundational hydration. Up to 2600x smaller than your average hyaluronic acid, this hydrophilic (water-loving) ingredient helps retain moisture, reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, and creates a skin-plumping effect—all while delivering anti-inflammatory benefits
- Methionyl r-Clostridium Botulinum Polypeptide-1 Hexapeptide-40: botulinum-derived ingredient that easily permeates the skin and helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Niacinamide: a form of Vitamin B3 that can rebuild a healthy skin barrier while protecting it from damage caused by UV rays or other oxidative stress. It is also proven to be a skin brightening ingredient that can help to reduce dark spots and activate collagen production.
- Adenosine: derived from yeast, Adenosine is well-known for its anti-aging properties that help restore a smoother, more youthful skin complexion. It is proven to effectively decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
How do I use Botalin Age Repair Eye Serum?
- Fully cleanse and dry skin.
- Apply two or three drops under and around the eye area each morning and night.
How often do I use Botalin Age Repair Eye Serum?
Use each morning and night after cleansing and before using moisturizer.
What is Rose Quartz Moisturizing Face Cream?
This silky rose cream can be used as a daily moisturizer and anti-aging eye cream that hydrates, moisturizes and soothes.
Key Ingredients in our Rose Quartz Moisturizing Face Cream
- Rose Water: a cleansing, natural element, has been a long trusted ingredient for healing.
- Rose Flower Oil: packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to gently soothe irritated skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid Complex: composed of varying molecule sizes: larger for hydrating the top layers of skin, and smaller for deep penetrating hydration for long term healing.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: stops and reverses the aging processes by restoring collagen production leaving skin plump and firm.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: natural irritant and scar healer full of amino acids that promote collagen production, cell turnover and blood circulation. Known as Tiger Leaf in Korea, this extract is long valued for its healing properties.
How do I use Rose Quartz Moisturizing Face Cream?
- Cleanse and add your favorite eye serum under your eyes and allow to completely absorb.
- Gently dab a small amount of Rose Quartz Moisturizing Face Cream to the skin around your eyes.
How often do I use Rose Quartz Moisturizing Face Cream?
Use each morning and night as an eye cream and all around moisturizer.
Eye Skincare Bundles & Kits
When you want an eye treatment system that works together for intense solutions and to save with a bundle.
For more suggestions on how to make your eyes sparkle and stand out, check out our post on our Top Tips for Bright Eyes, including SPF and other sun protection, tips on light reflecting makeup techniques, and more.