The Top 5 Reasons You Need to Use Serums
How Serums Enhance Your Skincare Ritual
What are serums?
Serums are lightweight skincare products that you use after cleansing your face and before layering on your moisturizer. Serums have specific active ingredients to address targeted skincare concerns. Serums are not the same as moisturizers, though many serums offer a moisturizing effect. Traditionally serums are water based, differentiating them from face oils. Serums are similar to essences, with the main difference being texture. Serums tend to be thicker and more potent while essences tend to have a more fluid consistency.
When should I use a serum?
Serums belong after cleansing and before moisturizer. If you use a toner, apply your serums after you’ve used your toner. A good rule of thumb for deciding when to use a skincare product in your routine: build from the lightest-weight products to the thickest consistency over your routine.
Should I use serums in the morning or at night?
Some serums are great to use once a day and some are better twice a day. Always follow the directions for your serums to ensure your skin gets the best results possible.
The top 5 reasons to add serums into your daily skincare routine:
Serums absorb quickly into your skin and penetrate skin more effectively.Due to the lightweight consistency of serums, they absorb more quickly into your skin and are able to better penetrate skin to deliver active ingredients deeply into the many layers of your face. Most serums are formulated with smaller molecules allowing them to absorb into many layers of skin.
Serums provide benefits other steps in your skincare do not.Cleansers remove any impurities and build up in your skin and moisturizer create a moisture barrier to keep your skin hydrated. However, serums act like a treatment for skin, providing it with active ingredients and nutrients that make skin healthy that other skincare products in your routine do not.
Serums offer targeted solutions to specific skincare concerns.Serums are formulated to specifically address a need your skin has such as brightening, anti-aging like fine lines and wrinkles, or dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Using serums, you’re able to address the skincare needs that are important to YOU without other ingredients that your skin may not want or need.
Serums are concentrated and potent.Because of how concentrated and potent serums are, they make very effective skincare. You’ll likely find the highest concentration of active ingredients in your serums. However, because of how potent they are, always make sure to follow usage recommendations so that your skin doesn’t have adverse reactions from overdoing it. More is not always more when it comes to these concentrated products!
Serums boost other steps in your skincare routine.Serums are able to assist the other products in your routine. For example, certain serums are chemically exfoliants that boost your cleansing step and address impurities on a deeper level than your cleansers. Many serums are also deeply hydrating, allowing your inner skin to become hydrated as your moisturizers create and lock in your moisture barrier on the top of your skin.
Which serum is best for my skin?
FRANZ offers serums for many kinds of skincare needs, focusing on anti-aging and hydration for beautiful, healthy, glowing skin down to its deepest layers.
Serum for deeply hydrating preventative anti-aging
Everyday Essence Face Serum ($60)
- Provides lightweight hydration to fight and protect against the first signs of aging.
- Formulated with our advanced Hyaluronic Acid Complex that delivers four layers of mega hydration, composed of varying molecule sizes: larger for hydrating the top layers of skin, and smaller for deep penetrating hydration for long term healing.
- Skin’s volume and elasticity will be restored, for a smooth, wrinkle-free appearance.
- Features our vitamin complex (formulated with 10 different vitamins) which boosts antioxidants and soothes irritated skin, and is also effective on dark or red spots and acne scars.
Serum for oily skin that needs a balance of hydration
Dewy Essence ($60)
- Dewy Face Essence is perfect for oily skin - a hydrating, nutrient rich serum to fight the first signs of aging.
- Specialty in repairing and reviving irritated or damaged skin, such as red spots.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is a micro form of hyaluronic acid made to quickly absorb into the deepest layers of skin to instantly hydrate and heal.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract is a powerful soother to relieve dry, irritated or even inflamed skin.
- The nutrient blend face essence will keep skin looking supple and glowing while protecting against further damage that contributes to signs of aging.
Serum for deep anti-aging care
101 Volumizing Face Serum ($50)
- One of the first signs of aging is loss of volume in skin, paving the way for wrinkles and fine lines. This serum restores skin’s volume to smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
- Our Hyaluronic Acid Complex is the crucial boost of hydration, with molecules small enough to reach the deepest layers of skin, to firm and plump, leaving skin smooth and supple. The deeper the molecules can be absorbed, the more effective the long term healing effects show on your skin.
- Argireline, known as “The Firming Peptide,” works in conjunction with the Hyaluronic Acid Complex as a power pair for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ceramides will lock in moisture and project against any environmental aggressors that damage skin.
Serum for dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles around your eyes
Botalin Age Repair Eye Serum ($62)
- This serum is our deep healing eye treatment to target dark circles and wrinkles. Formulated to penetrate skin quickly, this powerful eye serum firms skin to reduce lines and brightens to banish under-eye circles.
- To restore and strengthen the delicate skin under your eyes, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate is 26000x smaller than an average hyaluronic acid molecule.. This mini-molecule delivers a boost of hydration to all layers of skin to plump, firm, and reduce wrinkles.
- Adenosine is a key anti-aging ingredient to reverse signs of aging by smoothing skin and protecting against further damage.
- This nutrient dense serum will noticeably repair skin, resulting in a brighter, firmer and smoother appearance.
Serums for men
Homme Care Men's Super Energizing Face Serum ($60)
- This lightweight, quick-absorbing serum for men will refresh skin with a major boost of hydration, to fight aging for smoother, healthier skin.
- The Hyaluronic Acid Complex infuses hydration into every layer of your skin, to restore its volume and elasticity. Targeted nutrients visibly repair skin by stimulating collagen production and smoothing wrinkles.
- Soothing skin to reduce dark circles or red spots, all while protecting against environmental aggressors such as pollution. By balancing your skin’s hydration and restoring vital nutrients, skin will look smoother, brighter and stronger to prevent further signs of aging.
Check out all of FRANZ’s line of serums, ampoules, and creams to build your elemental skincare routine.